Your trusted Milton Keynes Emergency Dentist
If you are looking for an expert emergency dentist in Milton Keynes you can really trust to help urgently stop your dental pain, then we can help.
You never know when you’re going to need urgent dental care. And, if you do need help straight away, the one thing you want to know is that you’ll be seen quickly. If you’re in pain, you’re always a priority here at our Milton Keynes practice.
If you need an out of hours emergency dentist, please call our Buckinghamshire practice straight away and we’ll book you in as quickly as possible so you can receive the emergency dental treatment you need.
If you’re currently experiencing really bad toothache, then here’s our Milton Keynes dental team’s best advice for looking after yourself while you’re waiting to be seen by our emergency dentist:
- Use ice or a cold compress on the inside or outside of your mouth where you’re experiencing the toothache
- If you don’t like the sound of that, salt and hot water has been used for centuries to provide pain relief for toothaches. Try a tablespoon (but no more) of salt in a standard cup or glass then gargle and rinse
- Sunflower or sesame oil applied by a swab or cotton ball to the area of pain works well for some patients
- Clove oil can work as a great topical analgesic for short-term pain relief.
Make sure you call our practice at the earliest possible convenience to make an urgent dental care appointment. We work with patients across Milton Keynes and the wider Buckinghamshire area.
I’ve lost a tooth
If you have lost a tooth, you should seek urgent dental care straight away. If you live in Milton Keynes or in the wider Buckinghamshire area, our practice in the Middleton area of Milton Keynes has ample parking available and is a few minutes off the A1 and M1 and very easy to reach.
Between now and your appointment, you should try to place your tooth gently back into its socket. If you can’t get it to sit in its socket comfortably, please do not try to apply any force to make it stay in.
Place your tooth in a glass of either saline solution or milk – if neither are to hand, try to keep your lost tooth in between your teeth and your gums until you get to us. The reason this is important is that your tooth is made up of living matter and if it’s left in the open for too long, your Milton Keynes dentist won’t be able to re-implant your tooth.
Emergency tooth extraction – do I need one?
A root fracture, an abscess, or severe tooth decay not only causes sever pain but often they will require the removal of a tooth to protect your other teeth. If there is a risk of infection, time is of the essence and we will almost certainly need to remove it.
Please call us so that we can investigate whether you need an emergency tooth extraction if:
- You have severe pain in your teeth or gums
- Your teeth feel really sensitive
- Your tooth has become discoloured or it has darkened in colour
- You have a bad taste in your mouth and, no matter what you try, you can’t get rid of that taste
- It’s difficult to open your mouth because of really bad swelling
- You see pus or white fluid in your mouth
- Your tooth is unstable, loose, or easy to wriggle.
Urgent dental care from our Milton Keynes practice
We aim to be the goto Milton Keynes emergency dentist of choice, so please get in touch with us straight away if you:
- Have fractured or cracked one of your teeth
- Have lost a tooth or a tooth has become loose
- Have had toothache for more than a day
- Have lost a crown or a filling
- Have had an accident and your teeth or mouth have been injured or damaged
- Have an infection or an abscess is developing in your mouth
- Are suffering from bleeding, swelling, or pain in your mouth and you’ve recently had other treatment at a dentist like a root canal treatment or a filling
The MK Dental Practice team is based in Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire. To book an urgent dental care appointment with our team in Milton Keynes today, please call us on 01908 231888.